Thursday, April 28, 2005

Episode III: Anakin's Visit to Supercuts

The smallest thing can seem like an enormous reprieve sometimes. Realizing that I could not afford to call a plumber and that I was going to have to suck it up and figure it out myself, I canceled on the plumber and dropped by the house today to either fix the toilet or whack it with a pipe wrench until it was a pile of fine silt. Miraculously, it was already fixed. Is it possible the lovely Melissa took pity on her destitute slumlord and fixed it herself? I doubt it. Doesn't seem like her kind of thing. Then again there is no other explanation, barring the leak having been entirely in my imagination.

Yesterday we discovered that our phone line was dead. Today we found out that it was through no fault of our own (as in all things, we're a little behind in the payments) but some kind of actual glitch. A glitch which, if a bitch is pitched, might stitch a rich niche and hitch our sitch out of the ditch.

As in we might be compensated for our troubles. Howzose fer apples?

I get paid tonight at midnight, and my pumpkin turns back into a Lexus. Not for long, though. Rent is due soon, and that isn't all good news anymore.

I promise that the next post will get the hell off the subject of my personal finances. It's just been so trying, and I needed a place to come fucking die puking. Tomorrow is coke floats and car washes, I promise.