Thursday, May 26, 2005

like a turd launched from a cannon

I'm entertaining the possibility of yet another "promotion" at work. It would mean another three to four hundred dollars a month, and since money seems to be continuously scarce I am really considering applying for the position. If I do, I'll get it; I know who else is applying, and none of them have the experience I do.

It's a horrible job, however. The working conditions are pretty much the worst of anywhere in the plant thanks to the unreasonable levels of dust and the huge, sometimes back-breaking, amount of cleaning involved. They are working on replacing all of the equipment and once they finish, it may actually be a good deal more hospitable. But it won't be done till the fall, and while they're working on it they have to shut down the induction fans, which means it's even more awful than it usually has been.

Then there's the hours. I'd be back on the four days - four off - four nights - four off schedule. Shift lag makes me grumpy. The last time I worked that schedule I was barraged with near-crippling bouts of depression that came and went like clockwork.

But the money would be good. Much better than what I made back then.

I need to get a goddamn tarot reading or something. I have zero clues as to what I should do.

Fuckin' time for bed.