Sunday, January 22, 2006

america needs me



My lips are so goddamned chapped these days. What the hell have I been kissing?

Existing to be pacified. That's a lyric from something isn't it? No, it's "refusing to be pacified", and it's from a Dire Straits song. The one with the guitar lick that goes waow-waow, dedenaaowwdoww duh-dee-da-dee-dah daow-waow, wa-dunt-dah dunh dent duunnhhh. No, the other one. "Refusing to be pacified, it's him they blame the most".

My new soother is pandora. I'm listening to the Go! Team station, which has been missing the mark pretty much right off the bat. Even when it does that, though, it's an entertaining way for an armchair musicologist like myself to get satisfaction. It's like Kasparov v. Big Blue. How do you go from Longwave to Primus, especially when a base in hip-hop beats is supposed to be one of your guiding principles?

None of this has made a booger's worth of sense. A fine way to rejoin the concept of blog. Try again next month, g.