Saturday, November 12, 2005

sixty seconds of useless evil like you can read just about anywhere, but that's what i got for you tonight

John Prine: I guess he can play guitar, but so can my uncle and I don't make my buddies listen to his fucking albums. Guy's boring, man. Sorry. You could take his lyric sheets to the grocery store and walk up and down the aisles with them, picking up laundry soap and coffee filters. And it's not like his voice is captivating in any Haggard Owens Miller sort of way. Listening to John Prine makes me wonder why it is that I listen to music at all. I'd sooner listen to something nothingy like Green Day. Though I wouldn't go as far as Jack Johnson.

Burt Reynolds, John Voight, Ned Beatty and Ronny Cox burying a dead guy in the bank of a river, though - that's what's on television.