Thursday, June 02, 2005

love the dry gulch

Tonight will be one of those lifestyle augmentations that keep me broke while making me cooler. Caribou, who used to be Manitoba, (I hate it when people use the word nee, unless they're actually referring to a married woman's maiden name, and even then it's kinda gross) are playing at New City with Junior Boys and the Russian Futurists. I haven't seen any of these acts before and I like them all, so that means I gotta go, right? Gotta go look at all those same goddamn hipsters one more time.

What would happen if I didn't? It's just a dumb show. I've seen a million of 'em. My baby bought tickets already so we may as well go, though. Plus this is one of the best things about living downtown: instead of dropping a twenty for a taxi and conceivably losing any manner of billfolds, purses, cameras or clothes in the backseat, we get to stumble home. Besides, I get paid again in 175 hours. A working man should get to go enjoy himself.

It's spitting rain. It'll help keep the dust down.