Saturday, June 25, 2005

hot milk with heptachlor

This'll be about the eighth time I've tried to post something since the 9th of June. If patterns hold, the computer will freeze up just as I'm getting into a groove.

I just typed "compouter" there.

I am stuck fast inside my apartment now, waiting for a plumber to call. There was a problem at my house, and it's actually caused a few hundred dollars worth of damage. I almost had it fixed - I was one ballcock's thread away from making it work - when the whole pipe came off in my hand. I can't solder worth a shit and I don't have a gun anyways, so I had no choice. Luckily I was able to find a plumber who'll come today.

I truly cannot afford this right now.

It sucks for this blog too, because the only thing I write anymore is a litany of drudgery and depression. Maybe I'll switch to a grey-on-black layout with a picture of a stack of dirty dishes at the top. Truth. Truth and moral queasiness. Is my life this way because I have offended someone?

I try to put myself in the position of the tenants I have, who are forever having problems making rent. Their difficulty doing this ripples into my life, but I mean if at the end of the week I can't put enough scratch together to keep my life rolling I'll be forced to sell the house for tens of thousands of dollars less than it's worth - and I'll still come out ahead, with enough seed money to put a down payment on a condo, or start my own business. Or piss away in a blitz of KORGs and Fenders.

Mmm, that's the ticket. I wanna have a phalanx of chorus pedals under my feet when I take a crap. I want to weld a whammy bar on my fridge door.

If my tenants can't get it together, then I make them homeless. They do not get their security deposit back, they do not get a reference. They just have to go live in some other sucker's mother-in-law suite, someplace you can rent without a credit rating. Stuck in basements and shared living accomodations. That's if they're lucky enough to have a place to crash free long enough to put together first and last month's rent.

Whole cities of people live like this. Grown adults, underfoot. Unwilling parasites.